Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

School Daze

Yes...I mean daze....I finally got everything together,  the notebooks, the book lists,  the schedule thought out...I was planning on a great first day...



We got up at the crack of dawn..6 am for some, 6:30 for others.  Chores, Bible reading,  and then off on our first day of 5K training...WHAT??  Yes,  we are training for a 5K run..all of us.  I had my eldest look up an 8 week program and it looks like we can do it.   We walked 1 1/2 min. then ran 1 min.  Not too bad.  My heart ended up in my throat the last run...I had to chase down a child who kept wanting to nap on the side of the road...but it went very well.  One day down,  23 more days to go.  

My eldest made breakfast for us...yeah for kids learning to cook.  We were very thankful for those oatmeal pancakes. 

After showers to stop the showers, (of sweat!!!  It's ENORMOUSLY  hot and humid here in the mid south!)  we began our school.  The kids are so much more independent this year.  A little scary...and yet very freeing.  I get better at organizing and having things all set for them,  they get better at reading and execution.   It  helps to have goals.....get this done this week,  done well, done cheerfully or no birthday for you, missy!!...Ok, so not that drastic but we do have some sleepovers and rewards that need to be earned.



All was going well UNTIL....my son reminded me to call about when his orthodontic appt was.  Uh,  today,  in 10 min.    Out the door we go,  praying the girls would keep plugging away.  They did pretty well...but I really don't like last minute dashes. 

Anyway,  it seems this year is off to a good start.  If you have begun school,  how did it go?  If not,  do you feel prepared?

dashing off to scrape a ceiling,

Reb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, but this is a family blog, so make 'em Rated G! :-) Thanks!