Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Girls in the kitchen

The other night my husband and I went on a date.  I love to go out to eat and then head over to Lowes and see what project I would LOVE for us to begin.  I think my husband just loves the going out to eat and humors me by going to Lowes and looking just so I'll go on a date.

Anyway,  while we were out,  I asked out very handy 15 year old daughter to make some cupcakes for pot lunch the next day.  She called to say we were out of eggs,  (I'll tell you why in the next post!)  and please pick up some.  In my eagerness to get to Lowes and plan the project,  I forgot. 

Two days later she and her sisters decided to bake and decorate the cupcakes.  I had leftover icing from a couple of other baking projects and this is what they came up with. 


Not sure if the pic shows it well enough but they called it "Tie Dyed" icing.  It sure tasted good. 

The sprinkles are for fun.  I love the creativity of my girls.  They are learning to take what is available at home and make something good from it.  I pray as I live with and love on my girls, (and boy!)  they learn from me that contentment with what God has given us really does make us more joyful. 

I would guess from all the crafting going on at my house right now that they have already started learning it.   I haven't visited a Hobby Lobby or other craft store in weeks and they seem to find all they need right in the craft closet. 

Here is a link to My daughter's blog and all the crafting she is doing. 


thanks for reading,

Reb



TastyTuesday200pix Tasty Tuesday Parade of Foods

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I couldn't see the tie dye when I took a bite of Haley's last night....they sure were good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cupcakes, the devotional thought on contentment with what we have, and the mother and girls who were involved. Thanks for posting. I love to read your posts, Rebekah.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, but this is a family blog, so make 'em Rated G! :-) Thanks!