Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Lord's Day

Last night in bed,  at 11 pm (which I then remembered was like 12 pm)  I started wondering how people blog.  I had little snippets of thoughts that would be fun for me to ramble on about.  Church family,  books, ( A GIVEN!!)   food I am trying to learn to cook,  our schooling/learning life,  daily happenings of the kids.   How do people choose? 

This is how I chose today's thoughts.  What was so important that I wanted everyone to know about?  My church family.  Now don't get me wrong,  I have an amazing blood family and I will have LOTS to say about them some other time.  But my other "blood" family is so unique and comforting and convicting and FUN.   We sing like an old mountain church does with 4 part harmony and special called-upon singers.  We are taught straight from the most perfect book in the world, God's word.  Sometimes we disagree on application but we love each other more because of it.  We EAT all the time together and then come back at night to do it all again,  sometimes including the eating.  Most important,  there is a special love that overlooks faults,  encourages, teases,  prays for and envelopes those who decide to become of  a part of this crazy family.  I love it and wouldn't want to be anywhere else on Sunday. ( or Wednesday, or Thursdays special get together, or Friday recitals, or.....)  Thanks CHURCH!!  Thanks LORD!!


to the readers,

Reb

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post! It's a good reminder of what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, but this is a family blog, so make 'em Rated G! :-) Thanks!