Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Haley!!!

Today, 15 years ago, I became a mommy for the first, but not last, time. I was supposed to be hosting my family for Thanksgiving along with my mother-in-law. But the Dr. said either go lie down or go to the hospital. I thought he was kidding and said I would lie down after Thanksgiving. He promptly sent me over to the hospital where he postponed duck hunting to deliver my girl. We didn't know she was a girl before birth, but when she was born, there was no doubt. Black hair, fully grown in eye lashes and eyebrows, (I thought my other kiddos were deformed when they were born with no hair anywhere.  Scared me a little.)   little fat rolls already, big beautiful dark eyes. Those eye lashes. She still has them, and the dark hair, but somewhere along the way she lost the sweet rolls. (I think she is pretty happy about that!!) She was creative from the first, and still continues to intimidate me and make me proud all in the same breath with her sewing, crafting, designing, inspiring. She is not afraid of ANYTHING (like Lord of the Rings, that super scary should-be-called-a-horror movie) or poisonous snakes, or going places alone for the first time. So unlike me, but wonderful.




Happy Birthday, Haley, I love you and miss you, and can't wait to take you to the DMV and get your permit.

thanks for reading,

Reb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, but this is a family blog, so make 'em Rated G! :-) Thanks!