Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dog Tired

What does that mean anyway?  Are dogs more tired that other animals..do they lie down more heavily...or pant harder...why not possum tired, or bird tired or (my favorite) chicken tired?  Have you ever seen a chicken lie down in dirt, stretch out its left wing and leg, and  pant?  Kindof wierd actually.
But tonight,  I will just say I am dog tired so you won't think I am weird or something. 

We CONQUERED the book sale, no one was hurt, we practiced respect for the elderly and helpless,  but  boy,  my legs are sore.  Up, down, and in between then back up again ...that's bookshelves both high and low.  I did very well.  Set my budget a little higher then completely forgot it, grabbed lots of books (as did my well trained S6 troop), then panicked and started looking at what we had.   We had some ...well interesting wordage in the stack(s)..  One about a clay boy that ran and took stuff.  I was a little scared of clay boy and it went back on the shelf.  SIDE NOTE  When choosing books for children, make sure they are interesting, worthy of more than one read aloud, the pictures are fun to look at,  and the children will want to take them with them when they leave home.  They can't, OF COURSE, but they should want to.  OK,  I'M BACK.  Then others about bunnie, valentines day, 15 christmas books,  you get the picture.  Some CHILD hit the holiday shelf and swiped it.  Gotta trained that trooper a little better. 

Here's a picture of our haul.




NEXT DAY:  I lay in bed  last night and thought about our load, and I suddenly realized that great geography book I had picked up for my eldest was NOT IN THIS PICTURE.  Where was it?  Who had it?  Did it even come home with me?  After INTERROGATING the troops, we realized we left it at a table in the library.  GRRRR!   You guessed it.  After cleaning the church this morning, my youngest and I headed back up to the library, (our mission was NOT completed!) and would you believe,  the LORD had saved my books for me using a sweet lady.  Abigail and I said,  "ISN'T GOD SWEET TO US?"

This is a little long, so I will post about our afternoon at Petit Jean later.  I want ya' to keep comin' back to read. 

thanks for reading,

Reb

ps.  Here's what one CHILD thought of the book sale.  "It was fun, but momma put back my Clay Man book.  He went around eating everything.  I thought momma had put it in the basket.  Well,  it was fun.  Thank you for reading this. Bye
 
abbyabby

1 comment:

  1. I need Haley to come and show me how to put your button on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, but this is a family blog, so make 'em Rated G! :-) Thanks!