Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Look What I (Was Going to) Eat Today

I think I am in love with veggie gardens.  Today was overcast, but with a nice breeze.  I got up early to check on a brisket I had cooked all night (for a BIG family dinner today,  can't wait!).   I went outside with my tea and read through some material we are discussing in Sunday School. 




THIS was not the SS material.  But it was fun to look at also. :)



I noticed my garden looked dry and went over to water it.  I love watering my garden.  As I watered I noticed the SPINACH WAS READY TO PICK!  My hands were shaking, my heart was beating faster, and my mouth was watering.  I couldn't wait to put them in my yogurt shake. 





Isn't this the most beautiful looking spinach?  I went to make my shake and came out to enjoy it with my youngest daughter.  As we were talking, I noticed some green things on the table.  MY SPINACH.  Well, I ALMOST had spinach for breakfast.  We decided to wash some and eat it raw.  OH. MY. GOODNESS.  God is amazing and good to me. 

Have a great Lord's Day.  Spend a little time thanking Him for the simple things.  Air to breathe,  a mind to think,  birds singing a good morning song,  food grown in a garden.  You can think of more I know.




thanks for reading,

Reb

ps.  I can't figure out why the words went from aligned left, to center. Sorry!



3 comments:

  1. One day mine went from large print to YELLING AT YOU print. Don't know why, just did.

    Yum...I wish I had a spring garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, yogurt shake with spinach. Got a recipe to go with that shake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some baby spinach...but in a shake. You're gonna have to convince me :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts, but this is a family blog, so make 'em Rated G! :-) Thanks!