Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Concert of the Year

Christmas music,  Classical pieces,  Country,  Mountain,  Jazz,  Where can you go to get all this in an 1 1/2 hrs?   You really want to know?   Well,  you missed it.  But it will come around again.  I'll try to let you know sooner.  Last night our chillin's held a concert recital at our church.  It was fantastic.   If someone had told me I had to listen to almost 2 hrs of amateur music playing I would normally run very far.  In fact,  we had to feed and pay our friend/cousin Kevin to come and listen.  I mean,  what else would an 18 yr old male want to do on a Friday night?  Friends?  No way,  family first,  man!!

It was outstanding!!   I will be trying to post a clip here of my kiddos playing.  Not PROUD or anything.  And really,  all I did was yellscreamspank,  encourage them each day to play well.  All the kiddos at the recital did well,  but I have to give credit where credit is due. Without my crew it would have been a good time,  but with my crew.....let's just say they made the evening a success.   A big HURRAH  to Haley, Noah, and Rachael. 

So here is to all the parents who don't give up on there kids,  who cheer them on,  who make them practice,  who buy all the pieces to repair the instruments that get dropped,  kicked,  plucked too hard,  mistuned, who plain want there kids to do better and be better than they are.   KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!


This one is my son and a great young man from church accompanying him.  http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=10150146612602818&comments

Next we have my eldest accompanied by our lead instructor.   http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=10150146608942818&comments

My psaltry player,  who rocked out those songs.  http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=10150146601877818&comments


ENJOY!!
thanks for reading,

Reb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, but this is a family blog, so make 'em Rated G! :-) Thanks!